Following an initial request to assess survey requirements for a 13.4-hectare site, in an area of multiple deprivation in South Wales, our team was deployed to advise on a range of ecological and green infrastructure tasks.
What we did
- Calculated the ecological footprint of current & future site developments;
- Performed an extended phase 1 habitat survey + preliminary ecological appraisal;
- Identified areas of biological sensitivity;
- Identified areas for ecological enhancement, particularly rare habitats e.g. lowland aci heathland, purple moor grass, & ancient woodland;
- Partnered with the architect to design a fully integrated zero carbon dwelling, embedded within the landscape;
- Created a One Planet strategy;
- Protected the rare and endangered species/habitats on site.
- Currently in pre-application stage of development.